We adore this swirled chocolate bark by Inspired Taste for a holiday gift or party dish. Cranberries and pistachios add just the right amount of holiday cheer. Check out more of our fav food gifts on page 42 of the holiday issue.
Swirled Chocolate Bark with Pistachios and Cranberries
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (either chocolate chips or a chocolate bar broken into small pieces)
6 ounces white chocolate (either chocolate chips or a chocolate bar broken into small pieces)
1 tablespoon orange zest, plus a little for sprinkling on top
1/4 cup shelled pistachios in halves or roughly chopped
1/4 cup dried cranberries roughly chopped
1. In a dry pan, lightly toast the nuts then set aside to cool.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Melt the semi-sweet and white chocolate simultaneously in separate double boilers or one at a time in the microwave ( in a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate until melted, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating), while the semi-sweet chocolate is melting add the orange zest.
4. Once both chocolates are melted, pour the semi-sweet chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet and smooth out into your desired shape then drop spoonfuls of the melted white chocolate on top. Use a wooden skewer or the tip of a knife to swirl the two chocolates together until you are happy with the design.
5. Sprinkle the pistachios and cranberries over the swirled chocolate than sprinkle a little more orange zest on top and allow to cool for approximately two hours or until the chocolate is hard and can be broken into pieces to serve.
- By Adam and Joanne of Inspired Taste0 LIKE THIS POST!