No time before guests arrive? Try this five-layer dip that doubles as a centerpiece.
Graveyard Five-Layer Dip
serves 6 • 10 minutes • $
1 10-ounce can refried beans
1 16-ounce can Mexican-style diced tomatoes
12 cherry tomatoes, chopped
8 ounce sour cream
1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
1/2 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
3 10-inch tortillas
1. Combine beans and tomatoes and spread on bottom of 9-inch round serving dish.
2. Layer on chopped cherry tomatoes
3. Spread on sour cream and sprinkle cheese on top.
4. Just before serving, place tombstone characters into dip. Sprinkle the graves with shredded lettuce.
Using cookie cutters or a knife, cut 10-inch tortillas into gravestones and a hand (also try cats, owls, bats or trees). Bake in a 350-degree oven for 5-7 minutes or until crisp. Cool on rack.
- Recipes + styling by Ben and Ananda Spadt, photo by Daniel Johnson0 LIKE THIS POST!